Sunday, April 30, 2017

Trying paints



I wanted to see how the dryness of the clay affected the colour and adhesion of different paints, so I tried both Ecoline and acrylic paint (top and bottom row) on clay at different drying stages. The last two samples are left to paint after the first baking, to see how that turns out.
I also found this cute little app that can turn my pictures into stop-motion videos so you'll probably see more of these videos appearing.


Next to trying to paint on the clay, I was, and am still, curious what happens if I mix the paint (in this case Ecoline), into the clay. So here I made a cell with a blue nucleus and a green cell body. Wonder what happens when it gets baked? 
The acrylic paint with clay mix I also tried, this did have a stronger colouring effect, but made the clay very very dry.. So I settled for Ecoline for the more elaborate tests. 


Also Ecoline appeared to be a very effective way to colour skin, which stays on for days, leaving evidence of my creative weekend and resulting in some strange looks when I was working at the Lab. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the end, it's all about the people

It struck me that what might be the largest difference between the AKI and the UT, is not the environment, the tools, the ideas, or even th...