Monday, June 12, 2017

Barst, burst, broken


well, that is inconvenient indeed.. All my work from last week, all the glazed bowls, had cracked and in some cases even broken completely in the oven.. This probably happened because the clay, which is already weakened by the colour pigments mixed in, could not withstand the stress from the craquelure glazing.. Since all of my montages contained at least one bowl with this glazing, none had survived... But setbacks mean you get to try again!



Overall I really like how the glazing turned out, especially the combination of orange, white, and red is very insetting. Also the way in which the red can 'leak' into the bowls creates gruesome effects, something to keep in mind when glazing this next load of bowls. 
My 2D work luckily had survived the whole process, so I had at least those beauties to show for my effort. 





And then it was time to start again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the end, it's all about the people

It struck me that what might be the largest difference between the AKI and the UT, is not the environment, the tools, the ideas, or even th...